- John Frankenheimer was hired to shoot the film with Marilyn Monroe. When the producers suddenly moved to Switzerland and Audrey Hepburn replaced Monroe, she said she had never heard of Frankenheimer and insisted that he be paid off and another director be hired.
- Tiffany's opened its doors on a Sunday for the first time since the 19th century so that filming could take place inside the store.
- Author Truman Capote envisioned Marilyn Monroe in the part of Holly.
- 2-E (Patricia Neal's character) references Love Finds Andy Hardy (1938), in which 'Rooney, Mickey' played the title role.
- Audrey Hepburn hated Danish pastries, making filming the famous opening scene a bit of a chore for her.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute