- The number "Heavenly Music" was originally a trio with 'Kelly, Gene' , Phil Silvers, and 'Garland, Judy' . Garland didn't show up to work the day of shooting and they filmed the scene without her.
- 'Garland, Judy' 's last film for MGM.
- The number "Get Happy" was filmed several months after the rest of the film at which time Judy Garland was a great deal lighter than she was during the rest of the filming.
- During filing Garland was said to be "not in a fit state to work" so 'Gene Kelly' feigned a fall so that she would be able to take the day off
- Garland was supposed to make one more MGM musical, 'Annie Get Your Gun (1950)' , but was fired from that production, making this her MGM swansong.
- This would be the last time that 'Gene Kelly' and 'Judy Garland' were paired together onscreen.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute