- Dil was modeled after author Harper Lee's childhood friend, Truman Capote.
- Robert Duvall stayed out of the sun for six weeks and died his hair blond for the role of Boo Radley who, according to the story, spent much of his life locked in a cellar.
- Although Gregory Peck's inspirational performance as Atticus Finch turned out to be a perfect highlight to his long career, Rock Hudson was actually the studio's first choice for the role.
- The courtroom is a recreation of the interior of the Monroe County Courthouse in Monroeville, Alabama, Harper Lee's hometown. Prior to filming, production designers traveled to Monroeville, took photographs and measurements, and created a near duplicate on soundstages at Universal Studios.
- The watch used in the film was a prop, but Harper Lee gave Gregory Peck her father's watch after the film was completed because he reminded her so much of him.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute