- after Peter Tork punches a guy in drag.
- right behind Jack Nicholson, wearing brown.
- The movie's origin was in Ojai, California, where the foursome, Bob Rafelson, and Jack Nicholson spent a weekend in a resort motel verbally tossing story ideas into a tape recorder. This became the script for Head (1968).
- The Monkees wanted to be involved in this project from start to finish. When they learned they would be denied screenwriting credit, all but Peter Tork decided to rebel by failing to show up on the first day of shooting, 11 February 1968.
- When it was finally edited together into a cohesive whole, it ran 10 minutes short of an unprecedented 2 hours! A poor audience response at an August 1968 screening in Los Angeles eventually forced the producers to edit the picture down to 86 minutes.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute