- 5 minutes into the film, in the hotel corridor as Marnie walks by.
- Hitchcock wanted 'Kelly, Grace' to make her screen comeback in the title role, but the people of Monaco were not happy with the idea of their princess playing a compulsive thief.
- The production company created for the film, "Geoffrey Stanley" was named after Hitchcock's pet dogs.
- After rehearsing just a few scenes with co-star Sean Connery, Tippi Hedren asked "Marnie is supposed to be frigid - have you seen him?" referring to the young Connery. Director 'Hitchcock, Alfred' 's reply was reportedly "Yes, my dear, it's called acting."
- Hitchcock and Hedren had a major falling out during the filming and there was a rumor that by the end he directed her through intermediaries. Although Hedren admits the she and Hitchcock's friendship ended during shooting, she denies the rumor that he didn't finish directing the film.
- Bruce Dern can be seen briefly as the sailor in Marnie's flashback.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute