- The role of Inspector Clouseau was originally offered to Peter Ustinov. Despite being relatively unknown internationally, Peter Sellers was offered the part, and was paid 90,000 pounds.
- Sellers modeled the character of Clouseau on the trademark of a box of matches which includes an image of Captain Matthew Webb, who in 1875 became the first person to swim the channel (his heroic mustache and proud stance are both mimicked). To lose weight, Sellers took dieting pills for a year.
- In the bath scene with Capucine and 'Wagner, Robert' , an industrial strength foaming agent is used which burnt both of the stars' skin. Wagner, who was completely immersed at one point, became blind for four weeks.
- Originally, Sir Charles Lytton was supposed to be the main character
- The Pink Panther is a diamond.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute