- License plate on John Milner's car is "THX-138". THX 1138 (1971) is a film also directed by George Lucas.
- 'Ford, Harrison' was asked to cut his hair for the film. He refused, stating that his role was too short, and offered to wear a hat instead.
- The '55 Chevy Bob Falfa drove is the same 55 Chevy used in the movie "Two Lane Blacktop."
- They actually used 3 1955 Chevrolets in the film: the "hot rod" version that is seen the most, a car for interior camera shots, and one for the rollover after the drag race. Both the "hot rod" '55 and the 1932 Ford coupe were bought from the studio by an individual in Overland Park, Kansas in the mid-1980's who restored them back to their movie appearance.
- When Charles Martin Smith pulls up on the motor bike in the beginning, his crash into the building wasn't scripted. He genuinely lost control of the bike, and Lucas kept the cameras rolling.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute