- Though 'Stewart, James' 's character, Elwood P. Dowd, may certainly be referred to as an alcoholic, not once in the entire picture do you see him take a drink!
- Universal-International paid $750,000 for the film rights.
- The original play opened in New York on 1 November 1944.
- Josephine Hull first performed her role in the Broadway version of Harvey.
- Though in the film, Harvey is 6'3 1/2", on the stage it was changed to 6'7 1/2", to be more of a contrast with Stewart's own 6'3".
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute