- Clint Eastwood did all of his own stunts, including the scene where he cuts his safety line over a drop of at least one thousand feet.
- The shoot marked the last time that anyone was allowed to climb the "Totem Pole" in Monument Valley. In return for permission to film there, climbers with the production had to remove all of the pitons, which had accumulated from years of climbing, on their way down.
- In the car-chase scene, where Hemlock is being pursued along a cliff road by Miles Mellough and his bodyguard Dewayne, there was so much dust that the actor portraying Dewayne could not see where he was driving. To compensate, he drove looking up through the sunroof and followed the ridge line above. While effective, this driving method so unnerved actor 'Jack Cassidy' that he demanded his stunt man take his place in the car.
- In the scene where Hemlock killed Dewayne, Miles Mellough's bodyguard, the blood shown was actually chocolate syrup.
- One climber died during the shoot.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute