- First Japanese monster movie filmed in color.
- The original Japanese film's climactic monster invasion was filmed around, and set in, Fukuoka, the largest city on Japan's southernmost island of Kyushu. However, the American version relocated the action in the dubbing to another city in Kyushu, Sasebo, perhaps concerned that their dubbing actors would sorely mispronounce the word "Fukuoka" at inappropriate moments.
- Among the people doing the voice over work for this film are Paul Frees, Keye Luke and a young George Takei.
- While shooting the scene in which Rodan flies over the bridge in Saikai Village in Kyushu, the pulley from which Haruo Nakajima was suspended broke. He fell from a height of twenty-five feet, but the wings and the water, which was about one and a half feet deep, absorbed much of the impact.
- This became the biggest success for the small U.S. distributor DCA. Later material sent to exhibitors for other releases would carry the slogan "From the company that brought you 'Rodan'."
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute