- At one point MacNamara, played by James Cagney, threatens Otto with half a grapfruit so that the scene resembles the famous one in Public Enemy, The (1931), Cagney pushed into Mae Clarke's face.
- Red Buttons in a small role as an M.P does a Cagney imitation to James Cagney.
- After he learns Scarlett is pregnant, Cagney moans, "Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?" This was Edward G. Robinson's famous line from _Little Caesar (1930)_ .
- The voice of Count von Droste Schattenburg (played on screen by Hubert von Meyerinck) is that of actor Sig Ruman.
- The building of the Berlin Wall had begun in the night of August 13, 1961, right trough the set at the Brandenburger Tor. The team, discovering the change in the morning, had to move to Munich to shoot the missing scenes on the parking lot of the Bavaria Film Studios, where a copy of the lower half of the Brandenburger Tor had to be built.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute