- The London Transport, double-decker bus was borrowed from the London Transport museum and fitted with "anti-blast" netting on the windows and "blackout" covers on the headlamps. It was driven by John Kirkup who worked as a fitter for London Transport.
- Wildfrid Bonnin, the public health inspector for the London Borough of Lambeth, went to inspect the mobile canteen catering for 100 workers on location. He was pleasantly surprised to discover what they were filming as he used to be an air raid warden with Violette's father.
- After firing machine guns, jumping from a parachute training platform, spending weeks learning unarmed combat, wading through an ice cold lake at night, spending many hours doing physical jerks and cross country runs, there was one thing that made actress Virginia McKenna scream with terror: a cockroach in a pile of vegetables.
- Virginia McKenna lost 5 pounds in the 92 days she spent filming.
- Of the 92 days she spent filming, actress Virginia McKenna only had two days off from the rigorous schedule which included getting up at 5:30 each morning. The two days off were to marry Bill Travers and have a very brief honeymoon.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute