powered by AFI
- Began shooting July 1965.
- Completed shooting August 1965.
- Shown at Berlin International Film Festival (special screening) February 9-20, 2000.
- Shown at Cannes Film Festival May 1966.
- Shown at Hamptons International Film Festival (World Cinema) October 20-24, 1999.
- Shown at MOMA (Jeanne Moreau: Nouvelle Vague and Beyond) in New York City February 18 - March 25, 1994.
- Shown in New York City (Walter Reade) as part of program "Laughter in the Dark: Tony Richardson" August 26 - September 13, 1994.
- dialogue French
- subtitled English
- The controversial novelist, playwright and poet Jean Genet wrote the first version of this film's screenplay in 1951 and offered it as a wedding gift to actress Anouk Aimee on the occasion of her marriage to Nico Papatakis in the summer of 1951.