- Alvy's (Woody Allen's) sneezing into the cocaine was an unscripted accident. When previewed, the audience laughed so loud that director Allen decided to leave it in, and had to add footage to compensate for people missing the next few jokes from laughing too much.
- Allen originally envisioned this movie as a murder mystery, and that's how it was shot, with a subplot about a romance. During editing, Allen realized that all the best footage was of the romance, so he reedited the film as a romantic comedy.
- During the lobster-cooking scene Annie runs and retrieves a camera to take pictures of Alvy dealing with the crustaceans. Later, when Alvy runs over to Annie's house to smash a spider, the series of photos Annie took is on the wall in the background.
- Diane Keaton's real name is Diane Hall and her nickname is Annie.
- Sigourney Weaver's screen debut, in a non-speaking part as Alvy's date near the end of the movie.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute