- The electrical equipment on the set was so badly grounded that crew members were frequently shocked.
- The film's original ending showed Hercules singing soprano in Madame Tetralini's new sideshow, but due to intense test audience reactions this scene was cut.
- Randion, the man with no arms or legs, developed a habit of lurking in dark corners and frightening passers-by with a blood-curdling yell.
- During filming, the director was plagued with dreams in which Johnny Eck and a pinhead would keep bringing a cow in backward through a doorway in the middle of shoots.
- In the UK this film was banned for 30 years after it was first released.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute