- Dick Van Dyke's character was named for Caractacus, the last independent ruler of England before the Roman conquest of southern England.
- Lionel Jeffries played Dick Van Dyke's father, despite the fact that Dick Van Dyke is actually the elder of the two.
- 'Collins, Phil' claims he was one of the children storming the castle at the end of the film but was edited out because of a rather large and unsightly bandage on his head that was covering a cyst.
- Has the distinction of being the only non-James Bond film produced by Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman after the Bond series began.
- The first non-Disney film to feature songs by the Sherman brothers.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute