- 'Vaughn, Robert' played the role of Lee in the film. He later came back to star in "The Magnificent Seven" TV series playing the role of Judge Oren Travis.
- Elmer Bernstein, whose score for this movie is one of the best-known ever composed, also wrote the score for the Magnificent Seven parody, !Three Amigos! (1986).
- A remake of Akira Kurosawa's Shichinin no samurai (1954)
- Yul Brynner was married on the set; the celebration used many of the same props as the fiesta scene. The film was cast quickly to beat an actor's strike. Mexican censors required the peasants to always be wearing clean clothes.
- Walter Bernstein did the original adaptation of Kurosawa's film but it wasn't used. Walter Newman wrote the screenplay that is substantially what you see on screen.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute