- 'Garland, Judy' , originally cast as Annie, was taken ill during early filming and production was halted until Betty Hutton finished Let's Dance (1950) and was called in to replace her.
- Director Busby Berkeley was also replaced, first by Charles Walters and finally by George Sidney.
- Charles Walters did not know that he had been fired and replaced by George Sidney until he heard gossip columnist Hedda Hopper announce it on the radio.
- Frank Morgan (I), in the role of Buffalo Bill, died suddenly and his scenes had to be re-shot with his replacement Louis Calhern.
- Howard Keel broke his leg during filming when a horse fell on it.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute